You and To the Moon & Back
You care deeply to offer yourself an in-depth learning exploration to give presence for you and your growing family, to bring back to your very real parenting life.
You care deeply to offer insightful support for your clients and their growing families, to maintain a mission of quality care and best practices.
To the Moon and Back is delighted to be a part of this invaluable journey and to help you apply mindful practices and wisdom traditions to new beginnings.
So glad you are here.
about to the moon and back
To the Moon and Back cares. We are honored to work with a diverse group of clients and birth field workers who awe us with inspiring stories and dreams of how they want to engage as parents and providers. Below are just some of the core principals that many participants explore through the education and workshops. Learn more about Amy, To the Moon and Back’s creator, here.
Human bodies are miraculous. So often, we forget how amazing it was that we got here. To the Moon and Back asks each participant to connect with their physical nature and get curious and connected to the basics of breath and body awareness.
compassion Based focus
Our hearts are literally communicating with electromagnetic waves. To sit with intention of opening the heart, to practice awareness of how to listen to one’s own heart and to bring interceptive awareness of another is a profound skill that To the Moon and Back places focus on.
To the Moon and Back welcomes ALL. We wish all who enter our doors feel supported and are able to support us in carrying a legacy of acceptance, hope, and understanding of what humanity is. We especially honor the growing education of how we can understand privilege and contribute positively to the future.
We invite each participant to be responsible to process and reflect their own inner voice. We don’t judge the story, the lives, the choices participants make. We do ask each person come with an open mind and heart to bridge, build, and grow with the knowledge you gain.
•Bodywork •Meditation •Creative Mindfulness
•Documentary Photography •Community Education •Creative Gatherings
This work is centered on my 19 years of study of mindfulness, the healing and human body, my hopeful compassionate heart and our shared creative bones.
To the Moon and Back started as a practice of prenatal massage, but now that is history, although I use my body knowledge and wisdom and work to approach all things with just as much care and comfort. Now, To the Moon and Back's story is centered around self + community.
I do that through 6 avenues:
1) one-to-one Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy sessions.
This is bodywork at its simplest and for me, a most profound way to connect to grounded fluid stillness to one's whole body.
2) To the Moon and Back's foundation has been focused on Pregnancy, Birthing, and Postpartum Expectant Parents and Babies through Meditation and Bodywork. And will continue to do that through Calm Birth Meditation method and community-supported postpartum parent-baby groups.
AND since my work in Mentoring Girl's Circles and teaching creative and mindful journaling to local pre-teens and teens...
3) I'm now working with Parents with their Preteens in joint sessions designed to offer individualized creative activities. We, modern families, have lost connection in some ways and this is a fun way to reconnect.
4) I'm working on a beautiful photography project. I am documenting mothers and their daily everyday lives. This final project will be revealed more in 2020.
5) I am trained by the Institute for the Study of Birth, Breath, and Death to teach Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss to birth professionals and anyone working with families. I have been following the thread of community and feel encouraged to share resources and offer opportunities to connect to this difficult and often common, unspoken experience of pregnancy loss.
I have an upcoming training if this speaks to you, see more about the Fall training here: https://www.facebook.com/events/377855216207248/
6) And finally, I'll also be hosting special evenings of inspired craft projects, writing circles, and self-care and community building talk. If you have a family and friend circle that wants to come together in a beautiful cozy spot, let me know and I'll schedule your group and project.
I welcome you to ask me about any of my offerings at To the Moon and Back of wellness, community, and the power of the belonging in your body, your mind, your spirit. To the Moon and Back is where my reality and dreams meet yours and we find something beyond that connects, grounds, and grows.
I'm so glad you're here.